How to Build a Fiesta Backdrop
The Riles & Bash Mexican Fiesta Streamer Backdrop with Crepe Paper Fiesta Flowers Kit is a vibrant backdrop for any party.
With three different types of decorations in this package you can use them all together to create a colorful backdrop or use them individually to spread out the fun.
Here's how to use all the pieces together to create a Fiesta worthy backdrop for your party.
Here's what your Going to Need:
STEP 1: Create the Streamer Backdrop
- Decide on the height and width of your backdrop
- Attach hooks (not included) to the wall based on your desired height and width
- Cut the green ribbon included in your kit to the width of your backdrop. Add an extra 2 feet to each end.
- Use two chairs to help build your backdrop
- Tie an end of the ribbon to the back of each chair, creating a taught line to hang your streamers on.
- PRO TIP: Make your green line wider than you intend the final look to be so you have extra to remove the line from the chairs and tie it up at the right height and width in your final backdrop location.
- Now you can start cutting your streamers. Cut them double the length of your desired backdrop height.
- PRO TIP: If you want to have a specific color order, you can cut your streamers in that order and attach them to your green ribbon in your desired color order.
- Take your first streamer and place the middle over your green ribbon so you have half on one side and half on the other side of the ribbon.
- Now you can tie a loose knot around the green ribbon.
- PRO TIP: No need to tie it too tight so as to rip the paper. You just want to make a loose knot to prevent it from slipping off the green ribbon.
- You should have two streamers hanging down once you're done.
- Continue cutting and tying streamers in your desired order.
- Once you have your desired width you can now move your streamer backdrop from the chairs to your hooks (not included) or final destination. Don’t worry if the streamers move along the green ribbon, as you can arrange them once your backdrop is in place.
- After you have your streamer backdrop on your hooks you can adjust and space out the streamers to where you want them.
STEP 2: Open the Flowers
- Gently peel back one of the petals of your flower and begin to stretch it open. The crepe paper has a little stretch to it so you will feel it expanding as you pull on it.
- Move your fingers up and down the length of the petal as you stretch to expand the entire petal.
- Continue doing this with each petal, working your way around the flower from the outside in, until you've opened all of the petals.
- You can go back to previous petals and stretch them a little more as needed to get the desired look for your flower.
- Once you've opened all of the petals, you can open the stamen (the centre of the flower).
- Fan the little pieces with your fingers to spread them open.
- Now you have one of your Crepe Paper Flowers to add to your streamer backdrop.
- Repeat these steps with the rest of your flowers.
STEP 3: Add the Flowers to your Backdrop
- Cut a piece of the green ribbon, about 6" long and tie it around the back of the flower with a double knot.
- Add a piece of tape (not included) to the string that you will use to attach it to the wall.
- Attach the flowers to the wall at the top edge of the streamer backdrop, covering the streamer knots and green ribbon. This will give your streamer backdrop a finished look.
STEP 4: Add the Ruffled Streamers to your Backdrop
- Now it's time to add the ruffled streamers to your backdrop.
- Decide where you want the ruffled streamers to go.
- Unroll the ruffled streamers and attach one end with a piece of tape.
- PRO TIP: You can use twist ties (not included) to attach to the end of your ruffled streamers and then attach them to your hooks (not included).
- Cascade the ruffled streamer to the next spot that you want to secure it.
- Once you've added your ruffle streamers, your Fiesta backdrop is complete!
More Ways to Style this Fiesta Backdrop
This Fiesta Streamer Backdrop can be styled in many different ways and perfect for so many occasions like:
- First Fiesta Birthday
- Fiesta Birthday Party
- Fiesta themed Baby Shower
- Mexican Fiesta Bridal Shower
- Mexican Fiesta Wedding
Did you Know that the Fiesta Streamer Kit comes in Plastic Free Packaging?
Did you Know that this kit also comes in a Pink & Purple Style?
You can check out the Riles & Bash Enchanted Pink & Purple Backdrop kit here
SHOP STREAMER DECORATIONS
Want more Party Inspiration?
Riles & Bash Party Inspiration